SecurityCertified

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hakin9 Extended Edition in Stores

Posted on 6:29 AM by Unknown
Hakin9 published an "extended edition" magazine recently. This "best of" issue is 218 pages long and contains a nice selection of past articles.

Although the writing isn't as uniformly smooth as one would find in the late, great Sys Admin magazine, I continue to find interesting articles in Hakin9. (By "smooth" I mean that articles written by non-native speakers tend to reflect that English isn't their first language. Hakin9 might consider hiring a native English copyeditor to rework articles prior to publication.)

There's really no other printed security periodical like Hakin9. The technical level is higher than that of 2600 magazine, for example. You don't find articles on security management like you might in Information Security Magazine or SC Magazine, either.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in hakin9 | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Happy 7th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog
    Today, 8 January 2010, is the 7th birthday of TaoSecurity Blog . I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident resp...
  • Report on Instances of US Forces Abroad
    Thanks to Steven Aftergood's post Instances of US Forces Abroad I learned of a new Congressional Research Service report of the same na...
  • Review of Robust Control System Networks Posted
    Amazon.com just posted my five star review of Robust Control System Networks by Ralph Langner . From the review : I am not an industrial ...
  • My Role in Information Warfare during the Yugoslav Wars
    This morning I read a Tweet from @AirForceAssoc reminding me that: Today in Airpower History, August 30, 1995: NATO and U.S. aircraft bega...
  • Risk Modeling, not "Threat Modeling"
    Thanks to the great new book Metasploit (review pending), I learned of the Penetration Testing Execution Standard . According to the site,...
  • I Want to Detect and Respond to Intruders But I Don't Know Where to Start!
    "I want to detect and respond to intruders but I don't know where to start!" This is a common question. Maybe you have a new...
  • C-SPAN Posts Video of Tuesday Hearing
    You can now access video of Tuesday's House Select Committee on Intelligence Hearing on Cybersecurity at C-SPAN . Some people are alread...
  • Bejtlich Teaching at Black Hat DC 2011
    Over the holiday break I've been putting the finishing touches on TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 , to be presented first at Black Hat DC 2011...
  • SQL Injection Challenge and Time-Based Security
    Thanks to this Tweet by @ryancbarnett, I learned of the lessons learned of the Level II component of the ModSecurity SQL Injection Challen...
  • Bejtlich to Speak at SANS Forensics and Incident Response 2010
    I am pleased to announce that I will return for the third SANS WhatWorks Summit in Forensics and Incident Response in DC, 8-9 July 2010. R...

Categories

  • afcert
  • Air Force
  • analysis
  • announcement
  • apt
  • attribution
  • bestbook
  • blackhat
  • books
  • breakers
  • bro
  • bruins
  • certification
  • china
  • cisco
  • cissp
  • cloud
  • clowns
  • commodore
  • conferences
  • controls
  • correlation
  • counterintelligence
  • cybercommand
  • cyberwar
  • dfm
  • education
  • engineering
  • feds
  • fisma
  • freebsd
  • GE
  • ge-cirt
  • hakin9
  • history
  • impressions
  • information warfare
  • ipv6
  • law
  • leadership
  • malware
  • mandiant
  • microsoft
  • mssp
  • nsm
  • offense
  • oisf
  • packetstash
  • philosophy
  • pirates
  • powerpoint
  • press
  • psirt
  • reading
  • redteam
  • reviews
  • russia
  • sans
  • sec
  • sguil
  • snorby
  • spying
  • threat model
  • threats
  • Traffic Talk
  • training
  • tufte
  • tv
  • ubuntu
  • usenix
  • verizon
  • vulnerabilities
  • wisdom
  • writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (16)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (60)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (108)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (17)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (193)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (26)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (16)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ▼  2009 (123)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (21)
    • ▼  September (13)
      • 6th Issue of BSD Magazine
      • Hakin9 Extended Edition in Stores
      • Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) P...
      • Information Security Position in GE Aviation
      • Open Source Vulnerability Disclosure with FreeBSD
      • Microsoft Updates MS09-048 to Show XP Vulnerable t...
      • MS09-048 on Windows XP: Too Hard to Fix
      • MS09-048 is Microsoft's Revenge Against XP in the ...
      • Review of Windows Forensic Analysis 2nd Ed Posted
      • Bejtlich Speaking at Information Security Summit
      • Bejtlich Speaking at DojoCon
      • Extreme Asymmetry in Network Attack and Defense
      • Registration for VizSec 2009 Open
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (21)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile