SecurityCertified

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review of Ninja Hacking Posted

Posted on 8:12 PM by Unknown
Amazon.com just posted my four star review of Ninja Hacking by Thomas Wilhelm and Jason Andress. From the review:

Ninja Hacking is not a typical digital security book. When I saw the title I expected the use of "Ninja" to be a reference to a style of digital attack. While this is true to a certain extent, Ninja Hacking is about actual Ninja concepts applied to the digital world. The book is an introduction to Ninja history and techniques, applied to the modern digital security context. That was not at all what I expected, but I found the result intriguing.


Tweet
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in reviews | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Happy 7th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog
    Today, 8 January 2010, is the 7th birthday of TaoSecurity Blog . I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident resp...
  • Report on Instances of US Forces Abroad
    Thanks to Steven Aftergood's post Instances of US Forces Abroad I learned of a new Congressional Research Service report of the same na...
  • Review of Robust Control System Networks Posted
    Amazon.com just posted my five star review of Robust Control System Networks by Ralph Langner . From the review : I am not an industrial ...
  • My Role in Information Warfare during the Yugoslav Wars
    This morning I read a Tweet from @AirForceAssoc reminding me that: Today in Airpower History, August 30, 1995: NATO and U.S. aircraft bega...
  • Risk Modeling, not "Threat Modeling"
    Thanks to the great new book Metasploit (review pending), I learned of the Penetration Testing Execution Standard . According to the site,...
  • I Want to Detect and Respond to Intruders But I Don't Know Where to Start!
    "I want to detect and respond to intruders but I don't know where to start!" This is a common question. Maybe you have a new...
  • C-SPAN Posts Video of Tuesday Hearing
    You can now access video of Tuesday's House Select Committee on Intelligence Hearing on Cybersecurity at C-SPAN . Some people are alread...
  • Bejtlich Teaching at Black Hat DC 2011
    Over the holiday break I've been putting the finishing touches on TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 , to be presented first at Black Hat DC 2011...
  • SQL Injection Challenge and Time-Based Security
    Thanks to this Tweet by @ryancbarnett, I learned of the lessons learned of the Level II component of the ModSecurity SQL Injection Challen...
  • Bejtlich to Speak at SANS Forensics and Incident Response 2010
    I am pleased to announce that I will return for the third SANS WhatWorks Summit in Forensics and Incident Response in DC, 8-9 July 2010. R...

Categories

  • afcert
  • Air Force
  • analysis
  • announcement
  • apt
  • attribution
  • bestbook
  • blackhat
  • books
  • breakers
  • bro
  • bruins
  • certification
  • china
  • cisco
  • cissp
  • cloud
  • clowns
  • commodore
  • conferences
  • controls
  • correlation
  • counterintelligence
  • cybercommand
  • cyberwar
  • dfm
  • education
  • engineering
  • feds
  • fisma
  • freebsd
  • GE
  • ge-cirt
  • hakin9
  • history
  • impressions
  • information warfare
  • ipv6
  • law
  • leadership
  • malware
  • mandiant
  • microsoft
  • mssp
  • nsm
  • offense
  • oisf
  • packetstash
  • philosophy
  • pirates
  • powerpoint
  • press
  • psirt
  • reading
  • redteam
  • reviews
  • russia
  • sans
  • sec
  • sguil
  • snorby
  • spying
  • threat model
  • threats
  • Traffic Talk
  • training
  • tufte
  • tv
  • ubuntu
  • usenix
  • verizon
  • vulnerabilities
  • wisdom
  • writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (16)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (60)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ▼  2011 (108)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ▼  July (10)
      • Review of Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Gui...
      • Review of Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Ed...
      • Review of Gray Hat Hacking, 3rd Ed Posted
      • Review of Ninja Hacking Posted
      • Review of Managed Code Rootkits Posted
      • Review of Buffer Overflow Attacks Posted
      • Risk Modeling, not "Threat Modeling"
      • Noah Shachtman’s Pirates of the ISPs
      • SQL Injection Challenge and Time-Based Security
      • Bejtlich Teaching in Abu Dhabi in December
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (17)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (193)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (26)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (16)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ►  2009 (123)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (21)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (21)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile