SecurityCertified

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, August 15, 2011

Feedback from Latest TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 Class

Posted on 6:08 PM by Unknown
At Black Hat in Las Vegas and USENIX Security in San Francisco I taught three TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 classes. I think my weekday class at Black Hat set a personal record student count, and I was glad to have Steve Andres from Special Ops Security there to help students with questions and lab issues!



I wanted to share some feedback from the classes, in case any of you are considering attending an upcoming class. Currently I'm scheduled to teach at Black Hat Abu Dhabi on 12-13 December. The only other possibilities for training this year include a class in northern VA in either September or October, and a class the weekend before USENIX LISA in Boston on 3-4 December 2011. Next year I will likely return to Las Vegas again in the summer (21-24 July) and DC in the fall (30-31 Oct) but beyond that I am not sure how much training I might do in 2012.



Student feedback from TWS3 included:



  • I've been to a lot of training sessions and this was by far the best. The discussions were useful and practical. The labs were well done enough to repeat and follow them later.


  • Excellent speaker, well-prepared and extremely engaging. Perfect balance of real world scenarios and information.


  • Great course! More lab-based and little [i.e., fewer] PowerPoints is a recipe for success. Will recommend to others.


  • This is the best Black Hat Training class I've ever taken. The techniques and information Richard taught are instantly usable in my day-to-day security analyst work. Well worth the time and money.


  • Richard worked hard to answer our questions and tailor the class to our needs.


  • Discussion-based training without PowerPoint was a great experience -- much more rewarding than death by .ppt!


  • Richard does an excellent job presenting material in an engaging way.


  • Excellent job handling diverse student population with very different skill levels.


  • I would take another security course taught by Richard as well as recommend this course to others.




The students who attend to learn how to collect and analyze network- and log-centric artifacts and data in order to detect and respond to intrusions tend to like the class best.



Thank you to the students from all three classes for your participation!



Tweet
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in training | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Happy 7th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog
    Today, 8 January 2010, is the 7th birthday of TaoSecurity Blog . I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident resp...
  • Report on Instances of US Forces Abroad
    Thanks to Steven Aftergood's post Instances of US Forces Abroad I learned of a new Congressional Research Service report of the same na...
  • Review of Robust Control System Networks Posted
    Amazon.com just posted my five star review of Robust Control System Networks by Ralph Langner . From the review : I am not an industrial ...
  • My Role in Information Warfare during the Yugoslav Wars
    This morning I read a Tweet from @AirForceAssoc reminding me that: Today in Airpower History, August 30, 1995: NATO and U.S. aircraft bega...
  • Risk Modeling, not "Threat Modeling"
    Thanks to the great new book Metasploit (review pending), I learned of the Penetration Testing Execution Standard . According to the site,...
  • I Want to Detect and Respond to Intruders But I Don't Know Where to Start!
    "I want to detect and respond to intruders but I don't know where to start!" This is a common question. Maybe you have a new...
  • C-SPAN Posts Video of Tuesday Hearing
    You can now access video of Tuesday's House Select Committee on Intelligence Hearing on Cybersecurity at C-SPAN . Some people are alread...
  • Bejtlich Teaching at Black Hat DC 2011
    Over the holiday break I've been putting the finishing touches on TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 , to be presented first at Black Hat DC 2011...
  • SQL Injection Challenge and Time-Based Security
    Thanks to this Tweet by @ryancbarnett, I learned of the lessons learned of the Level II component of the ModSecurity SQL Injection Challen...
  • Bejtlich to Speak at SANS Forensics and Incident Response 2010
    I am pleased to announce that I will return for the third SANS WhatWorks Summit in Forensics and Incident Response in DC, 8-9 July 2010. R...

Categories

  • afcert
  • Air Force
  • analysis
  • announcement
  • apt
  • attribution
  • bestbook
  • blackhat
  • books
  • breakers
  • bro
  • bruins
  • certification
  • china
  • cisco
  • cissp
  • cloud
  • clowns
  • commodore
  • conferences
  • controls
  • correlation
  • counterintelligence
  • cybercommand
  • cyberwar
  • dfm
  • education
  • engineering
  • feds
  • fisma
  • freebsd
  • GE
  • ge-cirt
  • hakin9
  • history
  • impressions
  • information warfare
  • ipv6
  • law
  • leadership
  • malware
  • mandiant
  • microsoft
  • mssp
  • nsm
  • offense
  • oisf
  • packetstash
  • philosophy
  • pirates
  • powerpoint
  • press
  • psirt
  • reading
  • redteam
  • reviews
  • russia
  • sans
  • sec
  • sguil
  • snorby
  • spying
  • threat model
  • threats
  • Traffic Talk
  • training
  • tufte
  • tv
  • ubuntu
  • usenix
  • verizon
  • vulnerabilities
  • wisdom
  • writing

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (16)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (60)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ▼  2011 (108)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ▼  August (18)
      • TaoSecurity Security Effectiveness Model
      • TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 in McLean, VA 26-27 Oct
      • Jaime Metzl Describes "China's Threat to World Order"
      • Expect to Hear "IDS Is Dead" (Again)
      • Bejtlich Leading Session at IANS
      • Check Out MANDIANT Job Postings
      • Tao of NSM Errata and Possible Book Plans
      • Bejtlich Webinar for Dark Reading and InformationWeek
      • Bejtlich Keynote at Hawaiian Telcom Conference
      • Feedback from Latest TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0 Class
      • Impressions: Android Forensics
      • Impressions: iPhone and iOS Forensics
      • Impressions: XBox 360 Forensics
      • Impressions: Digital Forensics with Open Source Tools
      • Impressions: The Shellcoder's Handbook, 2nd Ed
      • Impressions: Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Enginee...
      • Impressions: The IDA Pro Book, 2nd Ed
      • Book Reviews vs Impressions
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (17)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (193)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (26)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (16)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ►  2009 (123)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (21)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (21)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile